Adventures by Disney Heads to Iceland
Adventures by Disney, the luxury tour operating arm of the Walt Disney Company, will add another exotic location to their line up with a tour exploring the diverse landscapes of Iceland.
Given that Iceland is one of the most sought-after destinations for many, it’s not surprising this was that latest in a long list of exotic destinations that AbD offers.
“We’re excited to offer travelers the opportunity to explore the incredibly popular destination of Iceland in uniquely enriching ways,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “Disney storytelling, engaging, active experiences and breathtaking natural wonders combine to make this one of our most remarkable itineraries to date.”
Adventurers will be able to sail on the longest fjord in Iceland, visit two of the country’s natural wonders, go whale watching and soak in the infamous Blue Lagoon. Minimum age for this week-long trip is eight years old. Fares range from $6,000 to $7,000 per person with everything included except airfare. This obviously drops them squarely in the luxury market but that price will buy you a truly hassle-free adventure. The trip debuts mid June, 2018.
According to the official Disney announcement, highlights will include:
- Experiencing the splendor of Iceland’s Golden Circle with visits to the iconic Thingvellir National Park, Goðafoss waterfall and Kerið crater.
- Unwinding, relaxing and indulging at the soothing Blue Lagoon and Mývatn Nature Baths.
- Up-close views of the magnificent glaciers on a scenic cruise, and hiking on massive icecaps.
- Trotting through the scenic countryside on Icelandic horses.
- Embarking on a humpback whale-watching expedition, capturing the experience in your mind’s eye and your camera’s lens.
- Savoring unique culinary experiences and the stories behind them, such as learning to make bread baked using geothermal heat, and discovering the secret to Iceland’s traditional smoking process.
- Embarking on a whitewater rafting adventure through the glacial river of Skagafjörður.
- Hiking along, and even behind, some of the region’s most captivating waterfalls, including Seljalandsfoss and Goðafoss.
- Journeying to the past while being immersed in rich Icelandic Viking heritage and exploring traditional turf houses.
More info can be found on the Adventures by Disney website.